Before I get into how this networking game works, let me tell you a bit about how I met Sharon. She is one of my favorites…and not just because of this lovely shout out.
In the summer of 2010 I attended my very first RWA National Conference. My agent had just sold the Amoveo Legend series to Sourcebooks and I decided, quite last minute, to attend the conference in Orlando. I booked my ticket and headed down to Orlando for my first RWA event.
I knew nobody. Not a soul.
I was nervous, a bit scared and ridiculously excited. I’m outgoing by nature and as any of my friends will tell you, I’ll talk to anyone. I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly everyone was and the Sourcebooks authors welcomed me with open arms. Sharon Lathan in particular! I walked into the RITA dinner–a huge room with at least a hundred tables–and had no idea where I was going to sit or who I would sit with. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Sharon whisks through the crowd, grabs my arm and brings me to her table.
(The picture above is actually from RT2012 but that lovely lady in the pretty blue dress is Ms. Sharon.)
Can you say awesome?!
See? She’s been super cool since the day I met her. She is a lovely person and a brilliant author. If you like Jane Austen fiction, then you have got to check out her books. All of Sharon’s info is on her website.
To share the love, I’m going to continue this networking game. Here are the rules.
- Display the award logo on your blog. (attached)
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 5-15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 Things About Me You May or May Not Know or Care to Know…
But I’m Telling You Anyway
1. I have four sons and my oldest is graduating high school this year and starting college. I am still in denial that he is that old.
2. My office is my favorite place in the house.
3. Five miles is the longest I’ve ever made it when jogging.
4. I had my appendix removed in high school.
5. When I first met my husband I thought he was a jackass. 22 years later I love him desperately….but sometimes he’s still a jackass. (Just kidding, babe.)
6. I love love love having all boys. There is very little drama. If they fight it lasts for about ten minutes and when it’s over, it’s over. Girls? YEARS of drama.
7. One time, I showed up at my husband’s store just before closing… wearing nothing but stilettos and a black trench-coat.
Now for a few of my fave bloggers who inspire me with laughter, book reviews, fun and more.(In no particular order.)
1. Nely Cab–Author of Creatura and a generous spirit.
2. Vicki-39 For the First Time –Mom, wife, blogger, fellow thespian and college friend.
3. Shauni and the Bodice Rippers--Book loving ladies who know how to have fun!
4. Shane–Disgruntled Sports Guy--Laugh out loud funny with a completely irreverent sense of humor.
5. Book Monster Reviews–A fantastic book review site for all things romance.
6. Book Lovin’ Mamas–For all your sexy paranormal romance reviews.
Go forth and check ’em out!