To celebrate the launch of my new website, I thought it would be fun to kick it off with an interview with the always-adorable Mr. Shane Rice.
If you went to RT last year and were paying attention, then you know that this handsome devil was a fan favorite. Since RT 2012 is just around the corner, I thought we could catch up with Shane and see what he’s been up to since his wild week at RT.
1. It’s been almost a year since you competed in the Mr. Romance 2011 competition, what has changed the most for you since participating? Since the competition Ive been featured on the cover of 13 books and done a couple book trailers as well. I’ve met a lot of great people in this industry and gained some friends along the way.
2. Part of your prize as the 1strunner up, was to participate in a shoot for a book trailer. What was that experience like? I haven’t even been done the book trailer for winning but I’ve been signed to do a couple other ones ironically enough.
3. You’ve been on the cover of some romance novels but have you ever read one? Honestly? I only read the sex scenes.
4. What do like best about modeling? Getting paid. Ha. Actually meeting new people in the industry and getting to travel for different shoots.
5. What do you like least about modeling? The stereotype of being a “model”. I don’t even tell people what I do because its embarrassing. I just tell people “sometimes i either smile or take my shirt off for money.” That sounds better.
6. Last year was my very first RT Booklover’s Convention and I thought it was quite an interesting experience. Aside from winning, what is the most memorable moment from that convention? The experience of being really famous for only 4 days. I don’t think Ive ever had that many people want their picture me. It was also great to meet different people from all over the world, and awesome authors like Sara Taney Humphreys.
7. What is your idea of a perfect, romantic evening? I’m really simple and not too traditional when it comes to being romantic. I’ll take a baseball game with hotdogs and beer, or being in the middle of the lake on my boat listening to music and watching the sunset over a fancy dinner any day.
8. Is modeling your full-time gig or do you have an alter-ego career? I wish I could get enough work to make it full time but for now its defintely part-time to my personal training and working at my bar downtown.
10. Where can your fans find you in cyberspace? Follow me @shanecrice on Twitter or request me on Facebook. I post my covers, modeling pics, workout tips, daily rants, etc…you name it.
Shane is waiting for your comments and questions…so bring ’em on! Leave a comment or a question for Shane and I’ll select one lucky person to win a signed copy of UNTOUCHED, a temporary tattoo and bookmarks! Winner will be announced on Sunday 4/1/12.